Karma-Yoga : Ch-5. Part-12.





Chapter-5.


WE HELP OURSELVES, NOT THE WORLD :


Part-12.


"If you fail to give him work, he will take your life."

The man replied, "That is easy; I can give him work for all his life."

Then he went to a forest, and after long repetition of the magic word, a huge ghost appeared before him, and said, "I am a ghost.

I have been conquered by your magic; but you must keep me constantly employed.

The moment you fail to give me work I will kill you."

The man said, "Build me a palace," and the ghost said, "It is done; the palace is built."

"Bring me money," said the man.

"Here is your money," said the ghost. "

Cut this forest down, and build a city in its place."

"That is done," said the ghost, "anything more?"

Now the man began to be frightened and thought he could give him nothing more to do; he did everything in a trice.

The ghost said, "Give me something to do or I will eat you up."

The poor man could find no further occupation for him, and was frightened.


Swami Vivekananda

To be continued  ....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jnana-Yoga - 3.7.

Karma-Yoga : Ch-4. Part-5.

WORK AND ITS SECRET : 2. : SWAMI VIVEKANANDA