Karma-Yoga : Ch-5. Part-13.





Chapter-5.


WE HELP OURSELVES, NOT THE WORLD :


Part-13.



So he ran and ran and at last reached the sage, and said,

"Oh, sir, protect my life!"

The sage asked him what the matter was, and the man replied,

"I have nothing to give the ghost to do. Everything I tell him to do he does in a moment, and he threatens to eat me up if I do not give him work."

Just then the ghost arrived, saying, "I'll eat you up," and he would have swallowed the man.

The man began to shake, and begged the sage to save his life.



The sage said, "I will find you a way out. Look at that dog with a curly tail. Draw your sword quickly and cut the tail off and give it to the ghost to straighten out."

The man cut off the dog's tail and gave it to the ghost, saying, "Straighten that out for me."

The ghost took it and slowly and carefully straightened it out, but as soon as he let it go, it instantly curled up again.

Once more he laboriously straightened it out, only to find it again curled up as soon as he attempted to let go of it.


Swami Vivekananda

To be continued  ....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jnana-Yoga - 3.7.

Karma-Yoga : Ch-4. Part-5.

WORK AND ITS SECRET : 2. : SWAMI VIVEKANANDA