Karma-Yoga : Ch-5. Part-14.





Chapter-5.


WE HELP OURSELVES, NOT THE WORLD :


Part-14.


Again he patiently straightened it out, but as soon as he let it go, it curled up again.

So he went on for days and days, until he was exhausted and said, "I was never in such trouble before in my life. I am an old veteran ghost, but never before was I in such trouble."

"I will make a compromise with you ;" he said to the man, "you let me off and I will let you keep all I have given you and will promise not to harm you."

The man was much pleased, and accepted the offer gladly.



This world is like a dog's curly tail, and people have been striving to straighten it out for hundreds of years; but when they let it go, it has curled up again.

How could it be otherwise?

One must first know how to work without attachment, then one will not be a fanatic.

When we know that this world is like a dog's curly tail and will never get straightened, we shall not become fanatics.


Swami Vivekananda

To be continued   ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jnana-Yoga - 3.7.

Karma-Yoga : Ch-4. Part-5.

WORK AND ITS SECRET : 2. : SWAMI VIVEKANANDA